If so, you should try these kimchi pancakes! They tick all the low FODMAP, gut loving and deliciousness boxes! Kimchi has been tested by Monash, with products containing garlic and onion, and been shown to be low FODMAP in a portion of 47g.
Now don\’t get me wrong, I\’m fully au fait with pancakes with lashings of nutella and lemon and sugar or any other sweet hit, I just love these alternative pancakes and make them on non-pancake Tuesdays too!
90g kimchi (althoug you can make kimchi, for convenience I usually buy mine in the supermarket, and like the Jaru brand in supervalu)
100g rice flour
1 tsp turmeric
75ml lactose free milk
1 tbs garlic infused oil
2 spring onion, green part only, chopped
1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
50g coriander, chopped
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp fresh chives, optional
How to make:
1. Mix together flour, turmeric, egg, milk, chopped scallions, red pepper and chopped kimchi until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper
2. In a non-stick frying pan, add a spoonful of the pancake mix to create mini pancakes and cook on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Turn heat to low/medium-low, cover and cook until crispy at the bottom and partially cooked on top (around 5-6 minutes).
4. Flip the pancakes over and continue cooking on the opposite side until crispy or place under the grill until pancake top is crispy and brown crispy.
5.While the pancake cooks, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar and caster sugar, and is using the fresh chives.
6. Serve the pancakes with the dipping sauce on the side. Garnish with sesame seends andfresh corander and serve straight away and enjoy!
Please tag me with a picture if you make them!